Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy National Accordion Awareness Month!

Happy National Accordion Awareness Month!  
 
This strikes me as an auspicious time to launch my blog for "Accordion Dreams: A Journey into Cajun and Creole Music."   Welcome!

In the past couple of weeks, I've passed a few milestones.  The fall-winter catalog from my publisher, the University Press of Mississippi, turned up in my mailbox.  There we were on page 3:  me and my accordion, along with a synopsis for the book.    The online booksellers now list "Accordion Dreams" for sale.  Bookstore signings are in the works.

And I still haven't seen the final page proofs. Or the cover!

It's been quite a journey, this path to publication, with seven months to go.  I'll be offering updates and other assorted reflections here.  Maybe a monthly contest, with some some free stuff as prizes.  You never know.  Laissez les bon temps rouler!

1 comment:

Blair K. said...

Just testing! Blair